This week off has been amazing. We got so much done! Our house is clean and organized (well 95% anyway) and I am currently taking a break from cleaning out our basement!!! It will be SO nice to know everything has a place. We'll see how long this last...
As for an update on our starting a family adventures... we met with our fertility specialist again today. As soon as we are ready to (so as soon as we figure out the financial part) we can try an IUI. Unfortunately, Tricare will not pay for this and it can be expensive. They also will not cover the second part of Patrick's diagnostic testing. Mainly because it is a "personal choice" to go beyond the basic testing. We could probably have Patrick's done at a military treatment facility and it would be covered but it would take a really long time to get it done. So we are going to pay out of pocket for the sake of convenience.
The IUI process itself will very time consuming and being that there isn't exactly a cause for our infertility there is a chance (likely a good chance) that it will not work the first time. Basically I will be put back on fertility meds, both pill and injectable and they will monitor me via ultrasounds until the egg(s) are ready and then I will receive a HCG shot to ensure that I will actually ovulate when they want me to. Then they will do two IUIs back to back. Somewhere in the middle of there they will also do routine blood work to monitor my hormone levels.
If after 3 to 4 cycles of trying IUI nothing happens then we will move to IVF but I hope we never get that far because I have no idea how we would afford it. So say a prayer, cross your fingers, wish us luck that either it just happens or IUI works.
No comments:
Post a Comment