Our beautiful twin boys were born on June 5th, 2013 at 8:06 and 8:07pm
We began the induction process, although I had already started contracting, at 9pm on the 4th. This was faster than expected since when I got there I was already in early labor. We had gone back and forth on me being induced and on the 3rd my blood pressure and suddenly gone up which was unusual for me as it had been perfect the entire pregnancy. One blood test came back elevated and my doctor just decided to go ahead with the induction at 37 weeks to not put them at risk. Truth is they probably would have gone on their own soon anyway.
To make a long drawn out story short and get to the good stuff. Labor didn't go as pictured (does it ever?) I had a mild allergic reaction to an antibiotic, when I asked for the epi the woman had me get in an almost impossible position for how big I was. In return, the epi failed. I was starving because I hadn't eaten since lunch the day before. It was a long day. Here we are at some point in the day.
If it isn't obvious by the first picture....I chose to have a C-section. Yes, I chose to. I wasn't going past 4cm, the epi had failed and doing it over again was my worst nightmare, I just asked for a spinal and to get it over with. Judge me you want but there was no way I could physically do it anymore. Nolan was born at 8:06 pm at 6lb 8oz and Corbin at 8:07pm at 6lb 13oz.
Overall it wasn't so bad. I was so exhausted by the end that I hardly remember them closing me up. The babies stayed with me for a little bit then went to recovery with Patrick which I soon when over there too. My whole family was in there which I loved and the babies were never without Patrick or myself.
By the time we got to a room it was late and I was so tired. The babies had somewhat attempted to breastfeed but being it was the middle of the night I hardly had any help and I wasn't doing the best at it. We had a rough first night as Corbin got choked and turned blue. A nurse's aide came in to take my vitals and found him(Patrick was rocking Nolan and I was out of it). It was scary. Later on Nolan started to do the same thing but we panicked and had the nurses come. They decided to suction them both. After that things were better. The next few days were a blur. My iron levels were extremely low. Long story short on the last night there I ended up getting a blood transfusion. I felt SO much better. The next day I was a new person and we got to take the babies home!
The first few days were rough. To sum it up: both babies were jaundiced, Corbin had a milk allergy and reflux ( unknown at the time) which caused him to scream so much the first 3 days home that he lost his voice. They both lost weight, Corbin wasn't back up to birth weight until 1 month old and I my levels were so low in the hospital that it took me weeks to have any energy again oh and if you can't tell from the picture I was ridiculously swollen!
BUT let's skip that part! Here are the babies from newborn to four months
I'm happy to say that we are still breastfeeding! YAY! We have come so far with that.
Some info on the babies:
Nolan 4 month stats:
13lb 3.5 oz 25 1/4in
Starting to enjoy tummy time more. Babbles all the time! Laughs and giggles and loves to nap in his swing.
Corbin 4 month stats:
12lb 13.5oz 25 1/2in
Rolls over both ways! Sits up bumbo and exersaucer. Loves sleeping in mommy and daddy's bed
Hopefully as things are starting to run smoother around here I will have more time to update but for now I just wanted to add a happy ending to our infertility journey.

No comments:
Post a Comment