Family

Family

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Well it's been awhile


As usual I have severely neglected this blog since the babies were born. Actually more like since I became pregnant. This blog served as a way for us to share what was going on without having to repeat ourselves 1000 times. It really helped us let people know how we were doing without actually talking. I feel as if I have greatly let down those that had contacted me while following our blog. I wish that I had been more on top of keeping everyone updated but sadly that just didn't happen. Pregnancy was a whirlwind and having twins was even more so.

Maybe I can set some goals now to at least write every other week.

As for our life now:

Nolan and Corbin are 14 months old!!

The boys and I at their one year photo shoot
 
 
Nolan receives therapy once a week for his low muscle tone and he started hands and knees crawling and pulling up in June. He is doing amazing and has made SO much progress. His goal is to be walking by 17 months. I'm not sure if it will happen for him but I hope so. He tries so hard.
 
He is amazing with his language and fine motor skills. He says so many words I can't even remember them all. His most recent is "want that" I love it. He loves to play ball, any ball, throw it, roll it, he just loves it. We just bought him a little basketball net and he LOVES it. Yesterday I was getting them dressed and I asked him to bring me Corbin's clothes and he did! I was amazed. He's so in tune with what we're doing and the world around him. He's loves to learn about the world. He's always asking "what's that?" and pointing to everything. He may point to the same thing 1000 times but hey whatever. He's learning. He also LOVES food! He is such a foodie baby. I barely have time to cut food up again before I need to refill his tray.
 
Corbin is starting to walk. He's been walking steps here and there but he's starting to make the transition from crawling all the time to walking all the time. It's so cute how he toddles around.
 
He's a ham. He loves to make people laugh and to laugh with you. He does silly things all day long and he really wants you to see them. He's a lover. He falls in love quickly and hard. It can be with people, toys, anything. He just loves to love. He fell in love with a toy in the store the other day and was clutching it I didn't have the heart to break his heart so I bought it for him. Twice now he has left my sisters house with some toy of her kids that they don't play with because he fell in love with it. I'm in big trouble with this one.
 
They are both doing so great. They each have such different personalities and I love watching them grow and change. Having twins is so amazing (hard though...haven't slept in well over a year)
 
I'm getting ready to go back to work soon. I think that this time it will be harder than it was when they were 3 months old. Back then they were so little now they are toddlers and they call for me when they want me. I will greatly miss being with them all day and watching them learn new things. We're lucky this year because Patrick and I are currently working separate shifts. He will be staying home with them during the day. We're looking into hiring some help in the evening hours since I tend to bring a great deal of my work home and he will need to go to sleep. I'm thrilled that we will have just a couple more months until they go back to daycare.
 
We are just enjoying life and loving our boys!
 
The boys and I at the DC Walk of Hope

On their birthday with a new toy!
Nolan with his cake

Opening gifts at their party

Corbin with Mommy and Daddy

Nolan with Mommy and Daddy

Playing with their balloons

Corbin with his cake
 



No comments:

Post a Comment