Just about 21 days stand between us and our baseline appointment. Right now I haven't heard officially but what I was told on Friday is that I could use the birth control pills they want me on(seems backwards I know but its to track my cycle) and figure out when I would have a baseline. So based on that we're looking at July 2nd. We will have been married for 1 year and 9 months exactly on July 2nd so I find it interesting that it ended up being then. Originally we were looking at somewhere around the 16th or 17th so that was a huge jump. Of course I'm not surprised because my cycles change frequently. In fact it's never the same. I hope that it landing on the 2nd is a good sign.
There are moments where I find myself extremely hopeful and positive. Planning out the year and so on and then there are moments when I go back and look at the stats for this actually working. 50.9% ...that's it. Even less when they factor in that 1 in 5 pregnancies end in miscarriage so considering that the success rate is 47.2 % ending in a live birth. That is only **IF** we make it all the way to transfer. LOTS LOTS LOTS could go wrong in between there.
If we do make it that far and we have at least one high grade blastocyst on day 5 then we have a high chance of success. Extremely high. We just have to make it that far first.
It's been hard to stay positive. Especially with the way things in our life has been going lately but we'll make it. We just have to get through these next 21 days and then cross our fingers that everything goes exactly as it should.
No comments:
Post a Comment