Family

Family

Friday, August 10, 2012

WTF Phone Call

One of the doctors called me today. This was the doctor I saw most of the times I was there and he did my surgery. I like him. I did not like the doctor that did our transfer or the one who screwed with me meds.

So here's the plan for the next go around....

First I am apparently very sensitive to Menopur. This is the med that they cut in half right before I was triggered. They agreed this should not have been cut. However my E2 numbers were very high for that time in the cycle and tripled in two days. That can be a dangerous path to be on. So to fix this if my numbers start to get even slightly high the next time Gonal- F will the be first thing to cut and then possibly even stop all together. After the Menopur was cut my ovaries bascailly stopped responding. Which is why they only got 5 mature eggs.

My hope is cutting some of the Gonal-F to start with is maybe reducing the dose of meds earlier on may prevent a huge spike and any fluid build up that may have came with that spike (they both happened on the same day). The next day after my meds were cut the fluid was gone and I stopped spiking but my follicles also stopped responding. So the new goal is to prevent all of the bad stuff from happening but keep my body responding.

I asked how are egg and sperm looked individually and they said as far as the tests that they run everything looked great. They do want to aim for more mature eggs the next time around.

I also asked about transferring two this next time and I was told it cannot be guaranteed that we will be allowed to transfer two. Mainly because...here we go again with the research statements...."Our research has shown that with blastocysts transfers there is no increase in pregnancy but a 60% increase in twins. I felt like screaming...really well then tell me how I hear of people transferring two all the time and only getting one baby. I let it go. I will approach that when we are actually in the cycle. He kept saying "It is mainly based on your age" I know I am 24 and I know I will only be 25 at this next cycle but seriously I am only 24 and already have 1 failed IVF. That means something is seriously wrong. We should be allowed to transfer two. If on day 3 they give me that single embryo transfer policy crap again I am going to opt for a a day 3 transfer and ask for two.

So that's pretty much the plan for the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment