Wow....what a thanksgiving :) We're so thankful for our two precious babies and cannot wait to meet them. We are thankful for what wonderful family and friends we have and all the love and support they have given us.
As most of you know we made the news "facebook official" today. I kept saying we would wait until 12 weeks...then we said 10....and then finally we broke down at 9 weeks and decided to go with a Thanksgiving announcement. I know as far as research is concerned in problem-free pregnancies that have seen a heartbeat between 7 and 8 weeks and continue problem free until 9 weeks that our risk is down to slim to none. There is no significant difference between now and 12 weeks as long as there has been proof of a strong heartbeat which we have seen twice :). I don't believe the nervousness will ever go away but I'm much more comfortable at this point.
We are changing doctors so we might even be able to see them again on Wed. I wasn't very comfortable with the doctor I was seeing. She didn't seem to know much about infertility or IVF. I know we're out of that now and are focused on having a healthy twin pregnancy now but I feel like I still need someone who understands what we have been through. My fears may be normal but they have an underlying greater fear of never being able to get pregnant again. That would also be another reason for wanting to announce sooner rather than later. If something does happen I want to be able to experience every small milestone we make it to and if we fall I will know that wonderful support system that was there during IVF will be there again. It honestly reduces my stress knowing people know and are praying for us. It means so much to me more than anyone could ever realize.
Thank you all so much :) Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment