Family

Family

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Sharing the news...

We have finally decided to share the news on our blog...

Second IVF worked :)

I've kept track of what I've noticed so fellow IVFers out there  or just people wanting to know reading this can know what I felt different this time.

So here's the timeline:

1dpt5dt - I had lots of very mild cramping. I actually thought I had gone back to work too soon and was very worried about it. I noticed that my pluse rate was unsuaully high and I was worried about that too.

2dp5dt - I noticed at times my pluse was high but other than that I felt NOTHING. I was actually very depressed because I felt it wasn't working.

3dp5dt - Pluse rate still high and now the cramping was back. This time I really felt like something was going on but I was too scared to actually believe it. In July I felt nothing the whole time so I knew this was different. I took a hpt that night and it was negative which I wasn't surprised by.

4dp5dt - I woke up Friday morning after having insane dreams all night. One was that I was walking through a forest calling a bunny by it's name. Then the bunny came up and started talking to me. I instantly felt that it was strange. I took a hpt that morning and there was the FAINTEST OF FAINT lines on there. Actually I left it and Patrick checked it out and didn't see it at first. I came home...took another one...theres that faint line only it was slightly darker. Two hours laters...took another...now I can really see the line but I'm starting to believe that I have a bad batch of internet cheapies and that they are all evap lines (little side note...I knew that it really couldn't be a bad batch because I've had this batch since March and have see enough stark white negatives to know they never give off evaps and certianly not three times in a row). So I took another...now it's really there. Not super dark, still just faint but I can see it. Without squinting and I took a picture and sent it to my sister and she saw it. Ok so I kept telling myself...I'm not crazy there really is a line there.

5dp5dt - I was really worried the line would go away today so again I took them about every two hours when I could. They started getting darker as the day went on. I was finally starting to believe that this really might be working.

6dp5dt - Same crazy feelings about it going away. Today I had a little bit of cramping but not much. Took more tests and they kept getting darker. I know I was being obsessed but after over a year of taking hundreds of tests and hundreds of negatives watching that line get darker and darker was the best thing I have ever seen. This is the day I took my first digital test and it popped up the word "Pregnant" OK so now I was thinking... I can believe a little more.

7dp5dt - Back to work today so my testing every two hours had to stop. I took three today, once in the morning and two at night. The nights were darker than the morning. I was having more cramping so that of course made me worry.

8dp5dt - Same as day before along with the cramping. I was getting really nervous now and anxious for my beta that was the following day.

9dp5dt - Today was my beta day. I limited myself to only taking one test. My beta came back at 407. They were looking for somewhere between 50 - 100 with some younger people getting back around 150. So mine was way high. The nurse thinks it's twins.

10dp5dt - Took only two tests. I just loved seeing that line get darker. It's an obsession.

11dp5dt - Second beta came back at 810, 4 points under doubling. Which I was nervous about so of course that upped my tests taking again but my nerves calmed when they got darker and I kept telling myself that my numbers are extrememly high to start with so it's ok. Some people don't double until 72 hours later. I was having a ton of cramping though I it was hard to calm those fears.

5 weeks pregnant - I had tons of cramping all last week and it is continuing into this week. I just keep thinking....I made it to 5 weeks. That's huge. We have never made it this far before. I stopped testing at 14dp5dt. I finally felt like the lines were dark enough that I could stop and not feel like it was suddenly going to go away. So far I feel nothing except if I over eat I feel sick but it seemed to go away after dropping the progesterone down to twice a day. So I think it was more of an overload of hormones than anything else.

Here are a handful of my pee sticks....yes I took a lot...

 
 
6 weeks pregnant - **SIX WEEKS** I'm shocked. Still having tons of cramping but no spotting so everyone keeps telling me that's normal. One more week until our ultrasound and hopefully we will see a heartbeat and I can relax. So far what I'm reading as far as miscarrige odds/risks. We have made it to another slight drop in the risk. Rather than it being 20% it is down to about 12% risk. Next week will being even more of a drop and even more so if we see a heartbeat. I've started to feel some morning sickness. I freaked out one day because my boob soreness went away completely.  I mean just gone. I was so scared that something was going to happen but then the morning sickness showed up and I started to feel better that everything was going to be ok. The name morning sickness though means nothing because it is actually worse at night for me. Oh and I love pizza...as in I can eat it three times a day and feel great....chicken on the other hand..BLAH. It sounds gross. Pizza and chocolate milk. I am not lying when I say we go through half gallons of chocolate milk every other day because I don't want the mixed kind... I want the creamy rich organic kind in the cartoon. YUM!
 
 
*****7 WEEKS****
 
YAY WE MADE IT TO THE ULTRASOUND!!!!!
 
So here's the update from the week. I've been a nervous wreck. My symptoms come and go and it makes me so nervous but I eat a lot. I'm starving almost all the time and super super tired.
 
So far things seem really good....
 
 
now to finally share.....
 



 
 
**If you didn't catch that....it's TWINS***
 
 
Baby A is measuring at 6 weeks 5 days and has a heartbeat of 133. Baby B is measuring at 6 weeks 4 days and has a heartbeat of 136. Doctors said it's normal for them to maybe be a couple of days behind. It doesn't change anything for me since we know the day I got pregnant. Hopefully they continue to grow and we will have two babies in June!!!
 
Thank you all for supporting us and sorry for the super long post. I wanted to share all the details but not until later on. I know how much it helped me to read others experiences with IVF.
 
WE ARE SO EXCITED!!!!



*Oh and I know that we have shared this blog on facebook before but we are not planning on sharing this post right away. To those of you that have come back to check in with us we are thrilled to share this with you but we don't want to completely share it on facebook yet. So SHHH ;) *
 
 




2 comments:

  1. Congrats! That is so exciting! You give me hope girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I kept coming and was worried when did not see any news... Haha I had the weird dreams too... That is my first symptom, even before I can take HPTs I begin having weird but super real feeling dreams... Praying for a great pregnancy and that you have two beautiful babies in your arms in about seven months!!

    ReplyDelete