Only 5 of my eggs were mature....
BUT all 5 fertilized...
The success rate goes down significantly when you have 5 or less embryos. :( There could be a lot of reasons for this. For one my menopur was cut in half on Sunday. Obviously I needed the full dose because my eggs never matured. Second....maybe I triggered too early although the head doctor felt that looking at my follies and my E2 levels that it was the right time on Monday. I doubt he would have lowered my dose though on Sunday. She over counted BIG TIME on Sunday which gave the wrong impression that I was headed for OHSS. When in reality I'm no where near that direction. In fact I feel better now that I have since started the meds.
Who knows...can't go back now. Just need to pray for our little balls of cells. We need some fighters.
Since we have a low number of embryos we may end up doing a day 3 transfer. Sometimes it is better to put back two on day 3 than try to make a low number go to day 5. Some don't fair well in a lab and might make it if they are back in me. That's a risky call and you never know it it will work or not but my feeling is that on Sat if we only have two that are doing well then at that point I want them both back in me instead of trying to force them to go to day 5. At day 5 they will only transfer one and freeze any high grade blasts that are left. At this point I don't care about freezing I just want to do what is going to give us the best chance of success.
No comments:
Post a Comment