Family

Family

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Egg Retrieval

First off I survived the trigger shot Monday night. Couldn't have done it without my mom here.

Today was our egg retrieval. Overall it went really well. We got there at 7am and I was taken back around 9 I think and I remember waking up around 10am or so.

The worst part was that they blew a vein in my hand when trying to put my IV in. I was shaking it hurt so bad. They finally ended up putting it in my inner elbow. When I woke up I felt pretty good, just mild cramps. I ate and peed quickly so they let me go fast. I did get kinda motion sick on the car ride back to the hotel so that sucked but once I got in an laid down it went away. I took a short nap while Patrick went and got food. I'm super bloated but so far the pain isn't too bad.

So for the news on how many eggs...............


14!!!!! That's less than I thought they would get but I'm happy with it. I am in the LOWEST possible risk group for OHSS. My estradiol numbers stopped spiking. There should be NOTHING standing in our way for a transfer.

So cross your fingers for some really good fighters in that group. We will know tomorrow how many fertilized then we will know on Day 3 what grade they are in if we are planning to do a transfer that day (Sat) or if we are going to wait for the blastocyst stage at Day 5.

Here is my poor hand :( You can't really see it in the picture but there was a HUGE lump under there.


and here is me waiting to go back. It's blurry because Patrick took it on the ipad but I think that's good because you can't really tell how crappy I actually look haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment