Family

Family

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Trying not to give up

Lots of bad news today and not enough good news.

I have a pocket of fluid in my uterus. That right there is all around bad news. BIG time bad news. Research suggests that even if the fluid goes away there is a slim chance of successful implantation. In one study 2 out of 35 women who had fluid ended up pregnant. Just two. I don't feel in that lucky two right now.

To top it off I received a call that my E2 levels are high. I knew it was coming. All along my biggest fear has been it spiking and it happened. I'm already on the lowest dose and the eggs aren't really ready to trigger tonight. It would likely end with only one or two mature eggs. So they really want to push me another day. All they can do is drop my Menpur to half of a vile instead of a whole one. Gonal-f stays the same since they can't go any lower than 75.

I hate to say it but I've prepared myself for the worst. I know we'll push on to retrieve the eggs but I really think that the transfer isn't going to happen. I have the two biggest causes of a transfer being cancelled combined. Most people only have one and they get cancelled.

My only good news is that I have a lot of follicles but right now that might be making the whole situation worse so I can't even really say that it's good. I have 16 total on my right side and 11 on my right. That's a lot....too many. I've heard of people getting cancelled because they had 21 total eggs. I was happy with 16. Why couldn't it just stay at 16?

Tomorrow is the trigger. Retrieve is on Wed.

No comments:

Post a Comment