I was totally freaked out by Menopur. EVERYONE I talked to or info I read online said it burned. Even the nurse at shot class said it burned. Some people like to mix it with the entire vile of saline to try and make it burn less and others like to use the smallest amount of saline to get it over with. I decided to try the smallest amount because when I was on a higher dose of Lupron I hated injecting that much in me. It hurt like H** going in but after it was over it didn't burn anymore. With the Gonal-f the burn wasn't as strong but lasted a lot longer than the Menopur. So far I'm doing all three injections in my stomach. I'm spotted with little red dots everywhere and running out of places that aren't slightly bruised or poked already. Overall tonight's shots weren't too bad. Menopur hurt but it was less than I expected. It does seem to be getting harder as time goes on because my stomach is getting bloated and hard. I'm ready for it to be Friday already. I think I will be happy when I'm going to the clinic every morning because I want the constant reinforcement that everything is ok. I have blood work on Wed but I would really like to have another sono so I can see what's going on. I'm just so ready to start hearing feedback on how everything looks. The waiting sucks....
Anyway just for fun since I don't post many pics here...here is a pic of all of my meds and supplies. This is just the first round I will need a refill of Menopur and possibly one of Gonal-f.

No comments:
Post a Comment